Ubuntu Countdown

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Install Debian with VirtualBox via 'netinst' image


Hi, I just install my HP DC7700 with the latest Debian GNU/Linux 4.0. These is how I done it:

1. First, i just download the netinst image from http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/. The size is about 180mb(*.iso)

2. I open VirtualBox and mount the image. See How to install CentOs v5 on Ubuntu 7.04 using virtual box topic that I post before. Install Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 with instruction.

3. In some instructions, its will request the mirror to download all Debian package (Xwindows, Mysql, Php and everything). You can select the mirror in this part. For me, I just select the default.

4. After that, the software will install itself until finish. For slow connection like mine, its will take 3 to 4 hour to download and install.

5. Before finish, the software will prompt you to fill password and its done. Thats all.

6. This is my Debian 4.0 on my VirtualBox machine. ^_^